Organic Chocolate Banana Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:20-25 mins
- 1 ½ cups organic all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
½ cup organic coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup organic apple sauce
- ½ cup organic avocado oil
- 1 egg (or egg substitute if making vegan)
- ¼ cup Unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 large very ripe organic bananas, mashed
- One semi-sweet chocolate chip atop each muffin (optional)
- Step 1
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners, or lightly oil cast iron muffin tin.
- Step 2
Combine organic flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Step 3
Whisk organic coconut sugar, applesauce, avocado oil, egg, almond milk (or coconut milk), and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Stir into flour mixture until just moistened. Fold in bananas.
- Step 4
Divide batter among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Place one chocolate chip atop each muffin cup.
- Step 5
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Tips: You can use real milk instead of milk substitutes, coconut oil (melted first) instead of avocado oil.
Altered Allrecipes.com recipe.